The first special woman in almost everyone’s life is their mother. And one of the most important things to do on Mother’s Day is to make sure it’s a day she’ll remember.
Why not show how much you appreciate all that she has done for you and your family this Mother’s Day?
Any mother will tell you that the greatest gift she can get is spending time with her children. That’s why these best Mother’s Day activities will make her feel extra special because you’ll get to spend the day by her side!
Check out this list to make your mom feel well-rested, and most importantly, she will feel your love and care for her.
Activities to do with Mom this Mother’s Day
1. Visit a botanical garden
In May, the flowers will be in full bloom, so there’s no better time to take a trip to a botanical garden. Experience spring together as you stroll through the blossoms. And don’t forget to give her a bouquet to take home.
Some botanical gardens have limited capacity or particular policies, so it’s best to book a spot in advance. And if you don’t feel comfortable heading out because of the crowd, you can always make some fun garden-related alternatives at home! You can surprise her with garden-inspired creations or just plant something in your garden with her.
2. Dine at her favorite restaurant
Now that restaurants are reopening, why not book a table for the whole family to enjoy a meal at mom’s favorite local spot? You can also invite her to the restaurant she’s had her eye on for a long time but has never had a chance to try.
3. Serve her breakfast in bed
This is a classic Mother’s Day tradition in many households. Mom is always the first to get up and prepare breakfast for everyone before they head out for the day. But this weekend, why not get dad and your siblings together to prepare a delicious breakfast for mom!
You can never go wrong with freshly baked bread like a croissant paired with fluffy scrambled eggs. You can also make a vegetable frittata with caramelized onions. For dessert? How about a blueberry muffin with a warm cup of coffee (or tea)!
4. Head out of town for the weekend
Here’s a fun idea: serve breakfast in bed while staying at a cozy hostel! A weekend getaway at a lovely bed and breakfast in a new place she’s always wanted to visit is the perfect way to spend extra time with mom. Plus, you can visit famous sites and enjoy a different view – something she deserves.
5. Spend the day at a MedSpa
A medical spa, also known as a medspa, is a spa-like facility that offers elective, often appearance-enhancing procedures. Med spas are overseen by a trained doctor and a team of nurses.
If you live in Houston, you can visit The Memorial Spa, an innovative and safe medspa providing advanced treatments to restore and rejuvenate the face and body. The Memorial Spa is operated by Memorial Plastic Surgery, which offers the following non-surgical treatments:
- Kybella ® – KYBELLA® is the only FDA-approved injectable that is used for double chin removal. KYBELLA® is an effective non-surgical procedure for eliminating extra fat in the chin area, giving the face a more defined profile.
- Radiesse – Radiesse® is an FDA-approved dermal filler made of calcium hydroxylapatite microspheres suspended in a gel. It is used to treat visible signs of aging and augment the shallow contours of the face and hands.
- Sculptra – Sculptra® is an FDA-approved dermal filler that treats wrinkles and fine lines on the face.
- Botox and Dysport – Botox® & Dysport® are both FDA-approved injectables used to smoothen the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Coolsculpting – CoolSculpting® is a non-surgical treatment to eliminate stubborn areas of fat by using a controlled temperature.
- Microneedling – Microneedling treatments, using SkinPen‘s innovative technology, helps improve fine lines, wrinkles, acne scars, and uneven skin pigmentation.
The Memorial Spa is located a few minutes away from Houston’s Uptown District and the Memorial Herman Memorial City Medical Center. Schedule an appointment today with The Memorial Spa to learn more about each treatment.
You can also come in and consult for Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) Hair Transplant.
This hair transplant procedure is performed to restore thinning hair. It is minimally invasive compared to the traditional Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) method and eliminates the need for linear incisions or strips.
Mother’s Day only comes once a year. Make the most of it by showing your mother how much she means to you. Fill the day with an activity that will make her feel pampered in the best way possible for a day to remember.
This post is in collaboration with Memorial Plastic Surgery