One of my go-to drinks, when I’m feeling a little lively, is a spicy margarita. Now, I’ll be honest, I’m a huge lightweight and don’t necessarily like the taste of liquor. In fact, it makes me sick when I smell it. But spicy margaritas, or frozen flavored margaritas, I can do.
RELATED POST: 11 Healthy, Low-Calorie Starbucks Drinks (for balance ?)
My husband Josh, on the other hand, is a margarita connoisseur. He loves to kick off a weekend with a margarita at home. And the same combo is used time after time. He loves Casamigos tequila paired with Republic Spirit Blends. We got our shaker and glasses here. I sure do love a drink aesthetic.
Spicy margaritas are my usual choice when we go out but sometimes it’s hard to get just the right amount of spice. If it’s too spicy, then I can’t enjoy it. And sometimes they have so many jalapeno seeds that it makes it annoying to drink.
So we love making them at home just to our liking. I wanted to share my super easy, no-fuss spicy margarita recipe with you so you can enjoy them at home too. For instance, you’ll notice we didn’t rim the glass with tajin.
Two reasons for that. One, I feel so stupid licking the rim before every sip. And two, I hate it when I run out of Tajin on my rim but still have margarita left. So we choose to just sprinkle it on top.
I’ll be honest, it’s not the prettiest in presentation, but it is the tastiest IMO. Print out the recipe or pin on Pinterest to make when you’re in need of a tasty drink.
NO-FUSS SPICY MARGARITA RECIPE
- Tequila Blanco
- Republic Jalapeño Lime Mixer
- Limes (garnish)
- Cut Jalapeño rounds and muddle in glass
- Add 1/2 cup of ice to a shaker.
- Add tequila and lime mixer to the shaker. I used a 2 to 1 ratio with a shot glass. 1 shot of tequila for every 2 shots of the mixer. For the two servings, we did 4 shots of tequila total.
- Cover shaker and shake.
- Add ice to glass with jalapeños
- Pour tequila mix into glass.
- Sprinkle the desired amount of Tajin on top of the drink.
- Garnish with a lime wedge, if desired
Are you a spicy margarita fan? Let me know which is your preferred spirit below.