The Houston Ballet Nutcracker Market is a once-a-year special event that brings together two of my favorite things — the holidays and shopping!
The 4-day event brings thousands of shoppers to the NRG Center in Downtown Houston where they get to shop hundreds of vendors. You can find everything from food and wine to clothing and home decor.
ABOUT THE HOUSTON BALLET NUTCRACKER MARKET
The Nutcracker Market is a holiday shopping event attended by thousands each year benefitting the Houston Ballet Foundation, its academy, and scholarship programs.
The 2021 market saw over 78,000 shoppers who spent $19 million with a portion of that going to the Houston Ballet Foundation. The Nutcracker Market has contributed more than $80 million to the Houston Ballet Foundation since its inception.
This is the 42nd year of this festive holiday wonderland where people can shop all things holiday decor and gifts. It’s a great time to grab unique gifts and get inspired with all things holiday. There is so much to see so you don’t want to miss it!
PLAN YOUR VISIT
If you are planning to attend, I would suggest getting your tickets early. There are discounted general admission tickets on sale for $18 (plus fees) at ticketmaster.com.
General admission tickets are also available for purchase for $20 at participating H-E-B business centers beginning October 3rd. Children 2 and younger are FREE!
You may also purchase Early Bird tickets for $60 by calling 713-535-3231 by November 4, 2022. Early Bird tickets allow you to enter the market at 8:30 am on Thursday, November 10, and Friday, November 11 as well as repeat admission all four days of the market.
MARKET DATES + HOURS
- Thursday, November 10 – 10 am – 8 pm
- Friday, November 11 – 10 am – 7 pm
- Saturday, November 12 – 10 am – 6 pm
- Sunday, November 13 – 10 am – 5 pm
TIPS FOR A BETTER SHOPPING EXPERIENCE
- The market is busiest during the morning peak hours. Plan your visit in the afternoon or evenings. If you must be the first in the door, think about buying the early bird passes which let you in an hour and a half earlier than general admission.
- Hundreds of vendors from all over the country will be selling at the market. Notify your bank so they don’t flag your debit or credit cards for suspicious activity.
- If you’re planning on doing some serious shopping, check out the package check. For a fee, they will hold on to your items so you don’t have to lug them around the venue.
- Wear your walking shoes!
- Bring cash! There is a $20 parking fee but it is subject to change. NRG sets the parking rates.
- Not allowed: Strollers, carts, rolling bags, wagons, and pets. Wheelchairs, walkers, and other ADA-approved mobility devices and service animals are permitted.
MUST SEE BOOTHS + VENDORS
- Visit the Houston Ballet Ticket Sales, booth #107, and the Nutcracker Boutique, booth #907. One hundred percent of the proceeds go directly to Houston Ballet.
- Nutcracker Market is making it easy to shop till you drop! Visit Booth #923 (or auxiliary booth #1709) to check your packages for a nominal fee so you don’t have to carry them around all day! The fee includes an optional curbside pickup service.
- Mommy Made It For Me – 1609
- Pomp and Circumstance Boutique – 248
- Copper Kettle Popcorn – 1743
To read more about the Nutcracker Market and to see special events, head over to https://www.houstonballet.org/about/nutcracker-market/