This post is all about how to dress for summer. This post contains affiliate links at no extra cost to you.
Living in the South, this type of dressing is the norm about 9 months out of the year. Fall and winter are short-lived, but summer? Uh, it can feel like an eternity.
There are ways to stay cool when planning your summer outfits. Now is a great time to take a look in your closet and see which items will transition well into the warmer seasons.
7 TIPS FOR DRESSING THIS SUMMER
Summer is a great time to show off your personal style, but dressing for the warmer weather can be tricky. Here are seven style tips to help you look and feel your best during the summer months.
- Choose lightweight, breathable fabrics: Choose clothing made from lightweight fabrics like cotton, linen, and rayon that will help you stay cool in the heat.
- Stick to light colors: Dark colors tend to absorb heat, so stick to lighter colors like white, pastels, and other light hues. They will reflect the sun’s rays and keep you cooler.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing: Tight-fitting clothing can trap heat and make you uncomfortable in the summer. Choose loose-fitting clothing that allows air to circulate around your body.
- Avoid heavy accessories: Heavy accessories like chunky jewelry and thick belts can add extra weight and heat to your outfit. Opt for lightweight accessories like woven bags, sunglasses, and dainty jewelry instead.
- Embrace the summer trends: Summer is the perfect time to experiment with new trends and styles. Embrace bright colors, floral prints, and breezy silhouettes for a fun summer look.
- Don’t forget about sun protection: Sunscreen is essential during the summer months. Make sure to wear sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses to protect your skin and eyes from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Dress for the occasion: Remember to dress appropriately for the occasion. For a casual day at the beach, wear a breezy sundress and flip-flops. For a more formal event, opt for a light-colored outfit and dressier sandals.
BEST FABRICS TO WEAR IN THE SUMMER
The best fabrics for summer are lightweight, breathable, and moisture-wicking materials that will help you stay cool and comfortable in the heat. Here are some of the best fabrics to consider.
- Cotton: Cotton is a classic summer fabric because it’s lightweight and breathable. It’s also absorbent, which means it can help wick away sweat and moisture from your body.
- Linen: Linen is another popular summer fabric because it’s lightweight and breathable. It’s made from flax fibers, which are naturally cool and absorbent. However, linen wrinkles easily, so be prepared for a slightly more casual look.
- Rayon: Rayon is a synthetic fabric made from plant fibers like bamboo, which makes it breathable and moisture-wicking. It’s also lightweight and soft, making it a great choice for summer dresses and tops.
- Chambray: Chambray is a lightweight cotton fabric that looks similar to denim but is much lighter and more breathable. It’s a great option for casual summer outfits like shorts, skirts, and shirts.
- Seersucker: Seersucker is a lightweight, puckered cotton fabric that’s perfect for summer. The puckered texture allows air to circulate, making it a great choice for hot and humid weather.
- Silk: Silk is a luxurious and lightweight fabric that’s perfect for summer dresses and blouses. It’s breathable and moisture-wicking, but it can be delicate and require special care.
Look for natural fabrics like cotton and linen, as well as synthetic fabrics like rayon that are designed to be moisture-wicking and breathable. Avoid heavy fabrics like wool and cashmere, as well as synthetic materials like polyester and nylon, which can trap heat and moisture.
This post is all about how to dress for summer.
WHERE TO SHOP FOR SUMMER CLOTHES
There are many retailers to shop for summer clothes, both online and in-store. Here are some popular options:
- Zara: Zara is known for its trendy and affordable fashion, making it a great option for summer clothes. They have many styles, from casual to dressy, and often release new collections throughout the season.
- H&M: H&M is another affordable retailer with a wide range of summer clothes, including swimwear, dresses, shorts, and more. They also offer sustainable fashion options, including their Conscious collection made from organic and recycled materials.
- ASOS: ASOS is an online retailer with a vast selection of summer clothes from a range of brands and designers. They offer a wide range of sizes, including plus-size and tall options, and often have sales and discounts throughout the season.
- Nordstrom: Nordstrom carries a wide range of summer clothes from a range of designers and brands. They offer a great selection of swimwear, dresses, and accessories, as well as free shipping and returns.
- Free People: Free People is a bohemian-inspired retailer that offers a range of summer clothes, including flowy dresses, crochet tops, and cut-off shorts. They offer free shipping and returns on orders over a certain amount.
- REI: If you’re looking for outdoor summer clothing and gear, REI is a great option. They offer a wide range of outdoor clothing, including hiking and camping gear, as well as swimwear and casual clothes.
These are just a few options, but there are many other retailers to consider depending on your personal style and budget.
This post was all about how to dress for summer.