This post is all about how to dress for summer. This post contains affiliate links at no extra cost to you.
Living in the South, this type of dressing is the norm about 9 months out of the year. Fall and winter are short-lived, but summer? Uh, it can feel like an eternity.
There are ways to stay cool when planning your summer outfits. Now is a great time to take a look in your closet and see which items will transition well into the warmer seasons.
7 TIPS FOR DRESSING THIS SUMMER
Summer is a great time to show off your personal style, but dressing for the warmer weather can be tricky. Here are seven style tips to help you look and feel your best during the summer months.
- Choose lightweight, breathable fabrics: Choose clothing made from lightweight fabrics like cotton, linen, and rayon that will help you stay cool in the heat.
- Stick to light colors: Dark colors tend to absorb heat, so stick to lighter colors like white, pastels, and other light hues. They will reflect the sun’s rays and keep you cooler.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing: Tight-fitting clothing can trap heat and make you uncomfortable in the summer. Choose loose-fitting clothing that allows air to circulate around your body.
- Avoid heavy accessories: Heavy accessories like chunky jewelry and thick belts can add extra weight and heat to your outfit. Opt for lightweight accessories like woven bags, sunglasses, and dainty jewelry instead.
- Embrace the summer trends: Summer is the perfect time to experiment with new trends and styles. Embrace bright colors, floral prints, and breezy silhouettes for a fun summer look.
- Don’t forget about sun protection: Sunscreen is essential during the summer months. Make sure to wear sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses to protect your skin and eyes from the sun’s harmful rays.
- Dress for the occasion: Remember to dress appropriately for the occasion. For a casual day at the beach, wear a breezy sundress and flip-flops. For a more formal event, opt for a light-colored outfit and dressier sandals.