This post is all about how to become an LTK creator and grow your audience.
I remember when I first started blogging, making money was not at the top of my mind. I just loved sharing my style finds. But when I realized that women were making money through affiliates doing the same thing I was doing, I just had to get in on the action.
I noticed the most popular bloggers and fashion influencers sharing this thing called RewardStyle (now known as LTK). Um OK, so I googled it. The RewardStyle affiliate program allowed these influencers to link style and beauty finds for their audience to shop.
In turn, they received a commission for any sales.
I didn’t start out thinking I was going to make a ton of money. Frankly, there wasn’t any pressure because I had a full-time corporate job. It wasn’t until I quit my job to pursue my blog full-time that I got serious about my affiliate marketing.
How do I become an LTK Creator?
To begin, you have to apply to become an LTK creator. Whether you are a blogger or social media influencer, there are some things that may help you get accepted into the affiliate network.
Here is what you need to start:
- You’ll need a public social media platform. Whether it’s Instagram, TikTok, or YouTube, LTK wants to see that you post consistently and that there is activity on your page.
- An engaged following on at least one social media channel. Notice I didn’t say a ton of followers. I was approved with just over 2k followers on Instagram. (after being previously rejected twice…we’ll cover what I did differently in a later post.)
- A minimum of 3 months of original, high-quality, shoppable content. If you want to take this seriously and launch your LTK business, best to stop sharing so much puppy content. Unless you’re sharing dog toys and food and that is your niche. But if you want to pursue fashion, then show that.
- Share editorial or styled images and videos that engage your audience and highlight your expertise. LTK loves a styled pic (one where someone is taking a picture of you or you are using a tripod.) Product collages are great, but they love to see the person behind the creation.
HOW TO GROW YOUR LTK
Once accepted, LTK will provide creators with a simple, user-friendly platform. Your shop on LTK is owned by you where you can feature all your shoppable content. It can be connected to every marketing channel you want to use to share your looks.
When someone decides to follow you, the app will share your LTK posts on their feed. Works much like IG but also has the capability to reach them in their inbox.
If someone favorites an item in your shop, they may get a sale alert which will link back to your LTK post. This may help make a sale and get you commission.
Share Your LTK Shop EVERYWHERE!
You want to make it as easy as possible for people to visit your shop. Do this on social platforms by entering your unique LTK shop URL in your profile.
On your blog, make sure you link to your LTK in multiple places. I keep it on my menu in the drop down and also on my socials menu.
The great thing about LTK is that when someone visits your shop, they are automatically added as a follower. So you want to drive as many people to your shop as possible.
Educate your social media followers about LTK so they’re more comfortable leaving the platform to head over to your shop.
Become the Expert
Identify your niche to get people used to seeing you in those verticals. Some popular niches that are easiest to monetize on LTK:
- Fashion – sustainable, affordable, curvy, petite, neutral, luxury, men’s
- Home Decor – minimal, boho, modern contemporary
- Motherhood/Family – kidswear, pregnancy, family fashion
- Fitness – athletic wear, workout equipment, at-home gym favorites
- Health & Wellness – morning routines, mindful practices, health tips
- Home Organization – cleaning necessities, storage, decluttering, and organization tips
- Beauty – makeup, skincare, clean beauty
Select Your Platform
A few of the most popular platforms on the rise for influencers include YouTube, TikTok, and Instagram. Here are a few examples to use as an LTK creator:
- YouTube is great for showing how-to style videos and beauty tutorials. People love to see the product in action and how you use it in their everyday life. This is a great platform if you love sharing tutorials. I love this platform because you can link everything you share in the description.
- TikTok is a great platform for more laid-back, digestible content. If your audience prefers shorter, lighthearted content, this is the platform for you. Things are less polished here so a video of you sharing what you’re wearing and why you love it will fit perfectly on this platform.
- Instagram is great for a more curated feel. Post styled outfits, your travel adventures, or your latest recipe using reels or your feed. Here is where you can get creative and showcase your unique style. Don’t forget to utilize Instagram stories to drive traffic back to your LTK shop.
You want to choose 1 or 2 platforms to consistent in. While you can share 1 video on different platforms. Trying to keep up with all will wear you out. Think about which platform has the most engaged audience and double down there. The more they see you, the more they start to trust you and eventually buy from you.
Create A Content Strategy
This is the part that I struggled with for a long time. I would overthink my posts and would go days without posting. You don’t have to overcomplicate things. You don’t even have to show your face. The most important thing is that you’re showing up consistently every day.
Here are a few ideas that you can post to start gaining traction and engagement:
- Flat lay
- Mirror selfie
- Text-based posts
- Live video
Will you be promoting something that can easily be touched on in a couple of quick but visual Instagram stories, like a new face cream you’re trying?
Or is the product best displayed in a longer video format that features you explaining how to use it — such as a YouTube or reel? Maybe a blog post is necessary if it needs to be longer form content. This all depends on the context of what’s being shared!
Keep a Posting Schedule
Staying on top of a posting schedule is going to save you so much time. If I don’t have a schedule to follow, I find myself getting off track or lost and either reaching for my phone to mindlessly scroll IG.
I USE THIS FLAGSHIP DAILY PLANNER TO GET ORGANIZED
Lucky for us, LTK provides a content planning schedule with post ideas that you can use for your LTK shop and Instagram. I also love that they have highlighted top searches so you know which keywords to include.
A posting schedule will also help with staying on top of sales like the LTK spring sale and other brand sales highlighted on LTK.
Educate Your Audience About LTK
Sometimes we may forget that our audience is not familiar with or well-versed in LTK, how it works, and all its features. You may find yourself saying “Outfit linked on my LTK” but if your audience doesn’t know what to do with that information, then your message is getting lost.
Go on stories and share with your followers how they can shop what you share on IG, Tik Tok or your blog. Save your stories to a highlight so your audience knows where they can resort back to that information.
You also want to do this periodically. IG may only share your stories or posts to less than 10% of your followers. Chances are someone missed it, so you want to consistently remind them about LTK and how to shop.
FOLLOW MY LTK SHOP
Don’t forget to join my private Facebook group where we chat all things blogging and influencer marketing. Get to know other women just like you who are ready to grow their businesses or just make good money on the side.
This post was all about how to become an LTK creator and ways to grow your following.