The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is an annual event that takes place mid-summer. It’s a great opportunity for shoppers to score big discounts on designer clothing, shoes, accessories, and home goods.
I can’t wait to see what’s going to be on sale this year! Early access is priority shopping exclusively for Nordstrom cardholders (more about that later.) I’ve compiled this Nordstrom Sale guide for you to come prepared and ready to shop your favorites.
If you’re looking to stock up on fall clothing, home, or beauty favorites THIS is the sale to do it. Below you’ll find frequently asked questions and all you need to know about the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale.
LEARN MORE: NORDSTROM SALE FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
SHOP INSTORE: FIND THE NEAREST NORDSTROM DEPARTMENT STORE
GET INSPIRED: NORDSTROM ANNIVERSARY SALE STYLE GUIDE
You’ll be able to find all things Nordstrom Sale here. Make sure to bookmark to make it easier to check back on updates and future posts.
2022 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale Details
What is the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
Nordstrom’s Anniversary Sale offers new arrivals from brands like Thread & Supply, Madewell, Sam Edelman, and Sweaty Betty at a discount. You also will not need an additional discount code!! The sale is available to Nordstrom cardholders first, allowing them to shop before opening to the public on July 15th. You’ll be able to preview sale items on June 29th.
No lie, the fear of seeing the ‘sold out’ on items I wanted to purchase a few years ago pushed me to apply. But there are really good perks to having the card so I don’t regret it at all. However, please don’t feel like you have to apply for this, or any, credit card.
Credit cards are great for establishing credit but do come with a great deal of discipline and responsibility so as to not adversely affect you. OK, now that I got my banker disclaimer out of the way, let’s continue.
If you’re interested and want to apply for a Nordstrom card, you can click here. When you sign up, there are a few perks that come with becoming a cardholder. You can also apply for a Nordstrom debit card online.
nordy club levels
The Nordy Club is the Nordstrom rewards program, giving you rewards, fashion access, exclusive services, and amazing experiences. Joining the program is free, but how many points you earn per dollar spent depends on whether or not you have a Nordstrom credit or debit card.
There are 3 levels in the Nordy Club:
- INFLUENCER—entry level for a Nordstrom cardmember who spends less than $5,000 net on qualifying items at Nordstrom locations
- AMBASSADOR—minimum of $5,000 net spend on qualifying items at Nordstrom locations
- ICON—minimum of $15,000 net spend on qualifying items at Nordstrom locations using a Nordstrom card
For more information on what each status perks include, be sure to check out this page.
When you shop using your Nordstrom card, you earn points towards Nordstrom notes to use at Nordstrom. Using your card to make a purchase gives you 2 points for every $1 spent. And for a limited time, Nordstrom is giving $60 in Nordstrom notes for new card members to use on future purchases.
If you are already a Nordstrom cardholder, this is also a great time to use your double points. I usually spend the most at Nordstrom during this sale so it’s best to cash in on rewards.
There are also events throughout the year that allow you to earn double points on purchases. And when you reach Influencer status (spend $500 a year) you will get an additional 3 bonus point days to use whenever you like.
When Can You Shop the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale?
- July 6: Early Access for cardmembers with Icon status.
- July 7: Early Access for cardmembers with Ambassador status.
- July 9: Early Access for all Nordstrom card holders (AKA Influencer status)
- July 15: Anniversary Sale opens to the general public at 9:01 pm PT on July 14/12:01 am ET on July 15 or in-person during regular store hours
- The Anniversary Sale ends at 11:59 pm PT on July 31/2:59 am ET on August 1.
Don’t forget to share this Nordstrom sale guide with your friends and family so they’re in the know!
Are Nordstrom Sale items also included in the Nordstrom Sale catalog?
Nordstrom used to send out an NSale catalog to cardholders a couple of weeks before the online preview. Unfortunately, they have discontinued the catalog mailer but will have the preview catalog at Nordstrom.com on June 29th.
WHAT’S NEW FOR THE 2022 NORDSTROM SALE?
Nordstrom has made a few changes to this year’s sale. These changes are definitely items that many shoppers have been asking for, so it’s nice to see that they are listening.
- SHORTER EARLY ACCESS – in the past, individuals with early access (have to have a Nordstrom credit card to qualify) to shop the sale had over a week of shopping prior to the sale going live for public access. This caused some frustration due to sold-out or canceled orders during public access. Now there will be a longer public access sale
- EASIER TO REMEMBER START TIME – Nordstrom has decided to change the start of each sale phase to midnight EST on Nordstrom.com. Before, it was at 3 am PST which caused confusion.
- THREE EARLY ACCESS SHOP PHASES VS. FOUR – Insider and Influencer loyalty levels are now combined for less confusion.
- MORE CANADA PREVIEW/DIGITAL CATALOG – some new features added for shoppers in Canada like Add to Wish List and online Early Access passes.
- ABILITY TO ADD SOLD OUT ITEMS TO WISH LIST – this was the #1 feature customer’s asked for. Now you can add sold-out items to your wish list for easy shopping if the item comes back in stock.
- SELECTION UPDATES – 100 new brands offered like Open Edit, Naked Wardrobe, Farm Rio, Westman Atelier Beauty, White Label, and more.
- DAILY BEAUTY DROPS – there will be beauty-specific daily deals with new drops each day of the public sale. Up to 50% off selected items starting 07/15 – 07/31.
How to Prepare for Nordstrom Anniversary Sale
To begin, make sure you’re taking advantage of the preview starting June 29th. Here is a link for easy access on that date.
A week before the sale, you should take inventory of what you currently have in your closet. Use this checklist to check off what you already have in your closet. What items are you needing? Which items would be a great addition to your closet? Because of the discount, it’s a great time to get investment pieces you’ll wear year after year.
I don’t purchase super trendy items because I want my clothes to have multiple uses. This cuts down on clutter and also allows you to make numerous outfit combos with the clothes you already have.
If you’re a seasoned NSale participant, you know many of the same items go on sale each year. If there is an item that you were on the fence about before and want to give it a go this year, plan a visit to Nordstrom before the sale.
This way you can try on the item before the sale so you know exactly what size you need. Saving you time and also lessening the chances of that item being out of stock by the time you get to exchange. Also, when in doubt, add to cart and check out fast! You can always return the item if it is indeed not a great fit.
Add to Favorites
To make things easier on yourself, I would suggest saving items to your favorites list on Nordstrom.com. When the prices drop, you’ll get a notification and link to your item making it easier to add to the cart.
This will also make it easier to check throughout the sale to see if items have been restocked. Fair warning, many of the higher-tiered shoppers tend to snag the most desired items. But many times, they will return many of their purchases in the following weeks.
This is when it pays to have the items in favorites or also get a notification when items are back in stock. I will also be sharing items I find back in stock on my Instagram stories so be sure to check back often.
Sign Up for Updates
You’ll also want to sign up for email updates to stay ahead of any news about the sale or you can always check back here. Also, make sure you’re following me on the LTK app here where I’ll be posting regularly about new add-ons and restocks.
There is also free shipping and returns on almost everything all over the US, including Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. And if you’re near a Nordstrom, there is a contactless curbside pickup.
This post contains some affiliate links. I receive a small compensation should you make a purchase from these links at no extra cost to you. Thank you for your continued support of Bella Style Living.