Getting that natural glow look just got easier with these Sephora makeup favorites. Most days I don’t have time for a 10-step makeup routine. I need something that will wake my face up with a little color and is easy to apply — contours need not apply!
RELATED POST: Sephora VIB Spring Savings Event 2022
While sitting at my vanity, I noticed that the same products kept being used day after day. These products help me get that natural, sunkissed healthy glow without weighing me down. Let’s face it (no pun intended), a full face of makeup can sit a little heavy, so I’m happy to share what I use for that effortless makeup look.
TOP 5 FAVORITES FOR A NATURAL GLOW MAKEUP LOOK
- For the base, I like a lightweight foundation or tinted moisturizer. Believe it or not, this foundation sits lighter on the skin than my favorite tinted moisturizer (you would think it would be the other way around.) Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk is a medium coverage foundation that has the slightest veil of luminosity which makes the skin absolutely gorgeous. I can instantly see the glow and lasts all day. I wear shade 4.5 and it blends beautifully with my skin. It is available in 37 shades.
- After foundation, I apply Laura Mercier Sheer Perfecting Powder in Candleglow. It complements the foundation and gives a blurring effect. Makes the skin look soft and enhances the glow; it’s truly beautiful.
- Once the skin is finished, I follow with a swipe of Charlotte Tilbury’s Cheek to Chic blush in the shade Pillow Talk. This nude, rosy blush blends seamlessly into the skin and really warms up the face to create a soft glow. It also has a bit of shimmer, but not overpowering. I know it feels like there’s too much shimmer in the first 3 products, but trust me, it’s very minimal. A cream blush also helps create a dewy glow look. Here’s my favorite.
- Next, to wake up the eyes, I apply a few coats of it Cosmetic’s Superhero mascara in Super Black. This is my absolute favorite mascara for getting those thick, voluminous lashes. I can skip the eyeshadow and still look “made up” with a few coats of this baby to define my eyes.
- Finally, for a little color on the lips, I apply Rare Beauty’s Kind Words Matte Lipstick in the shade Humble. This is such a beautiful dusty rose, nude color. It’s very similar to Pillow Talk but more affordable. It also comes with a matching lip liner.
MAKEUP TIPS TO HELP CREATE THE APPEARANCE OF GLOWING SKIN
Makeup can only take you so far. In order to get that gorgeous glow, there are a few things you can do. First, make sure your skin is hydrated — yes, even oily-skin gals. Hydrating the skin will allow the foundation to sit evenly on the skin.
If you have dry patches, the foundation will soak in those areas and it will start to look blotchy. So give your skin that extra hydration love.
Another tip for flawless makeup application, use a damp beauty sponge. I purchased mine on Amazon and they are great! I soak the sponge in water and ring it out. Let it lay out for about 15 minutes before using. You want to make sure most of the water is out before you start. A damp sponge will bounce off the skin when you apply your foundation.
Simply blot, don’t swipe, or you’ll create lines on the face. You want to bounce it up and down in a circular motion for the best, even application.
Finally, let your foundation dry before proceeding with powder. The powder will set more harshly on damp skin.
Let me know in the comments if you’ve used these products and which is your favorite.