Because we all need a little inspiration sometimes, here is a list of the best holiday gifts for kids this year. There’s toys for the youngest to your teens. And don’t forget to check out our Holiday section on the homepage for your one-stop of all things holidays.
Best Holiday Gifts for Kids
Kids can sometimes be a little difficult to shop, especially during the holidays. What if they don’t like it? Trust me, they like anything. And even if they don’t, they’ll tire of playing with it a few weeks or months later; so don’t over think it.
Many of the toys below are ones that we’ve purchased for the girls and that they truly enjoyed.
1. Disney Geode Kit National Geographic – we got this for Olivia last year and she had a blast smashing the geodes to see what was inside. She has them displayed on her night stand. This is a great gift for curious little minds who enjoy science.
2. Skip Hop SKIP*HOP& Moonlight & Melodies Owl Nightlight Soother – this was a gift for Ava on her first Christmas. I’ve also shared it before because it’s such a great nightlight and soother. It has multiple white & natural noise settings and I really like that it has a light projector that shines constellations on the ceiling.
3. Disney Girls’ Disney Minnie Mouse watch – such a cute gift for young kids. Both girls enjoyed having watches (even though they couldn’t tell time) but they really liked the characters.
4. Baby Einstein Take-Along Tunes – we gifted Olivia this on her first Christmas and it was a hit well into her turning 4 years old. The music is entertaining for babies & toddlers and will keep them entertained.
5. Tiny Love Into the Forest Gymini Deluxe – for parents with newborns in the house, these play gyms are great for entertaining babies and also gives mom & dad a break from holding duty.
6. Lego LEGO Super Heroes Batmobile Pursuit of The Joker Set – ok, I know! Lego’s can be a hassle to clean up, but there’s no denying that they are wonderful for imagination play and development. This super hero set is sure to be a hit with you little DC fan.
Related Post – Holiday Gift Guides for the Whole Family
7. Crate & Barrel Wooden Toy Workbench – for your little builder, what better way to keep them entertained for hours than with their own workbench (just like mom & dad’s!)
8. Melissa and Doug Kids Toy, Play Money Set – I absolutely love anything Melissa & Doug because their toys are educational and serve function. This play money set is great for 4 and 5 year old kids who are learning about counting money and identifying currency.
9. Melissa and Doug Kids Toy, Lacing Shoe Educational Toy – another great find — this lacing shoe toy helps young kids practice in a fun way! I mean, it’s a big shoe! C’mon! Not to mention when kids finally master shoe-tying it’s a great accomplishment for them and gives them a sense of independence.
10. Discovery Kids Toy Tent TeePee Canvas with Wood Poles – teepee’s are always a good choice. Kids love having their own little space and this cute TeePee is large enough to fit a friend or two.
11. Pottery Barn Kids My First Ivory Bear Anywhere Chair – I had a really good friend gift Olivia one of these Pottery Barn chair for her first birthday and it was a hit! She finally had her little spot that was just her size. Ava has now taken claim — never mind the embroidered OLIVIA on the backrest. I love this gift because you can personalize it with their name stitched right on.
12. Generation Dolls– If you’re looking for a more affordable All American Doll, Target has you covered. These dolls are super cute and come in an array of professions and dress ups. They are also about a third of the price!
13. Toiijoy Girls Dress up Costume Set – kids go crazy for dress up and I don’t blame them. How fun to be able to dress up like a princess or fairy? Pretending is a great learning characteristic and it allows kids to use their imagination.
14. Melissa & Doug See & Spell Learning Toy – this is a great toy for young kids as you can expose them to simple words and allow them to spell it out. Again, Melissa & Doug for the win!
15. Basic Fun Lite-Brite Ultimate Classic Toy – Olivia got her first Lite-Brite for her birthday last year and it brought me so much joy to see her playing with a toy I played with when I was younger. Lite-Brite is great for hand-eye coordination (Ava’s been into it lately) and also color differentiation.
16. Jay Franco Comics Avengers Good Guys 4 Piece Twin Bed Set- for your Avengers fan, a new set of sheets will sure light up their eyes. These are just too cute and they will love jumping into bed with their favorite characters.
17. Little Hippo Mella Ready to Rise Children’s Trainer – This little sleep trainer helps kids start a sleep and wake schedule that will make life a little bit easier. It changes colors so you can tell them that when the light is yellow, they can play quietly, when it’s green, they can wake up and when it’s purple, it’s time to go to sleep. It also has a noise machine with timers so it can go off when they’re fast asleep.
18. mermaker Burritos Blanket – for the pre-teen and teenager in your life, what better gift than a giant burrito blanket? Haven’t you ever dreamed of being wrapped in a tortilla??
19. Skip Hop Explore and More Baby’s View 3-Stage Interactive Activity Center – another gift we got Ava on her first birthday. She was around 6 months old and loved to sit there and play with the different stations. There’s also a small piano at her feet for her to make sweet music.
20. Crazy Forts,Purple – because what kids doesn’t like to build a fort? This toy keeps your furniture free and clear and they can get as creative as they want. Just drape a sheet when they’re done and you are a champ mom!
21. Retrospec Cub Kids Balance Bike No Pedal Bicycle – Both girls started on a no pedal bike and have done great. Ava will be getting a big girl bike this year after mastering the no pedal bike.
22. 101 Piece Deluxe Easle Art Set – for the artist in your life, how about this easel and color set to let their imagination soar? They’ll love having an array of art supplies at their fingertips and their own easel to create.
23. Toyk Aqua Magic Mat – save the wall and furniture and get them this mat! The special markers only write on the mat and will be entertainment for hours. It’s also large enough to keep a couple kids busy & amused.
24. LeapFrog Learning Friends 100 Words Book – toddlers will love getting to use this Leap Frog book. Expose them to words in a fun and educational way.
25. dreambuilderToy Magnetic Tiles Building Blocks Toys 40 PCS – these get constant play at my house. Both my 5 & 2 year old love building with these blocks and I love that they use their imaginations to create amazing displays.
There you have it! 25 toys that are sure to please the special kids in your life. And if these don’t pique your interest, try a subscription to Kiwi Co.
I have Ava subscribed to Kiwi Co and she receives a box each month with an activity that is specialized for her age-group. The activities in each box are centered in STEM and are educational and very entertaining.
They are great for newborns all the way to your high school teen. The boxes are about $20 a month, but they are running specials as of this post!
You get to pick how long you want the subscription to last and can cancel at any time! This is not an ad, I actually use this service and is great for kids and curious minds. Here is the link if you’d like to check them out.
I hope you found some inspiration in this holiday gift guide for kids and hope you have an amazing holiday season!